Dark circle is one of most common side-effect or symptoms of sunken eyes. Women trying to get rid of this unhealthy condition can try various ways. Such as hydrating yourself by drinking lots of fluid is one of the easiest way to get rid of sunken eyes naturally.
1. Raw Potato Juice for Sunken Eyes
Raw potato juice is one of the best sunken eye remedy which is also effective in treating sore eyes. Most people try to get their hands on water fruit such as cucumber to prevent swelling of skin under your eyes. However, raw potato juice are effective enough in helping you treat soreness under eyelids and dark circles.
- Peel one raw potato and soak it for 30 minutes inside chilled water.
- Chop them into thick slices and put it on affected spot.
- Alternatively, you can directly apply it on your hollow area.
- Keep it on for several minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Repeat it several times in a day until your condition improves.
2. Cucumber For Sunken Eyes
Similar to raw potato, cucumber is enriched with skin rejuvenating fluid which can help you treat sunken eye fast. In cosmetic industry, it is widely believed that applying cucumber slices on stressed eye can provide relief and reduce swelling (if any).
Topical use of this watery fruit can reduce stress, fatigue and tiredness of hollow spots. Placing it over affected area has soothing effect that reduces stress in the nerves of eye resulting into faster healing.
- Wash your face with cool water before using this remedy.
- Place thick slices of cucumber over your closed eye.
- Keep it on for 20-30 minutes then rinse your face.
- Morning and evening hours are the best time to use this home cure for sunken eyes.
- Repeat this remedy for several days until your condition improves.
3. Go To Sleep
Many women and men suffer from sunken eyes due to lack of quality sleep. There may be nothing wrong with your health, however, you might not be sleeping well. A sound sleep is one of the most refreshing remedy against tiredness, anxiety and stress.
Having the idea of not getting up from bed sounds lucrative right?
Patients of insomnia often complain about sensation of hollowness under the eyelid. Studies have shown that a person should sleep(undisturbed) around 8 hours in a day to stay active.
4. Sandalwood For Sunken Eyes
Sandalwood has skin nourishing and moisturizing abilities that can help you get rid of sunken eyes. It is an effective home remedy for sore eyes to prevent dark circles and other signs of aging.
Thanks to its skin rejuvenating properties, many cultures and Ayurvedic medicines have used this herb to reduce skin complexion. Its application are know for reducing tiredness of eye and dark circles.
- Take one tablespoon of sandalwood powder and mix liberal amount of rosewater to make thick paste.
- Apply it directly on hollow spots.
- Keep it on until it gets dry naturally.
- Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- Alternatively, you can use its essential oil.
- Just make sure that oil does not spill inside your eye.
- Use this remedy several times in a day until you feel better.
5. Olive Oil For Sunken Eyes
Due to high amount of antioxidants in olive oil, using it in your diet can prevent oxiditive degeneration of skin and protect them against damages caused due to aging. Topical applications of olive oil are also helpful in providing relief from stress and help you treat sore eyes.
When applied on your dark spots or hollow spots, it replenish skin cells and pigments with vitamin E and antioxidants. This sudden moisturization and nourishment can reverse the skin damage and help you feel better.
- Soak a cotton ball in pure virgin olive oil.
- Dab it under your lower eyelid and apply it gently on affected area.
- Keep it on for several hours.
- Use it before going to bed and keep it overnight for best results.
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day until the skin darkness fade away.
6. Put Soothing Tea Bags On Sunken Eyes
Do you know why people in South Asia increase the consumption of tea during cold weather?
It can increase blood circulation on our body which help replenish lost nutrients due to harsh weather. Applying tea bags over affected area can heal sunken eyes at home.
The tannin in tea is one of the natural antibiotic which can protect your eyes from infection. It works wonder during an infection such as pink eye or conjunctivitis.
- In one cup of boiling water put two tea bags.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes then take it out.
- Wring out excessive water and allow the temperature to cool down.
- Put this tea bag on your closed eye for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times in a day to get rid of sunken eyes fast.
7. Almond Oil For Sunken Eyes
The hollow space under your eyes are caused due to loss of moisture and dryness. Applying almond oil on affected area will nourish the skin and treat dryness caused due to sunken eyes.
It has antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin K and other vital nutrients that moisture dry skin cell pigments. They have rejuvenating properties which is very helpful in such condition.
Eating almonds also help boost your brain function that protects them from cellular degeneration. As a result you will be protected from insomnia and other condition that can lead to this situation.
- First of all splash your face with cold water.
- Pad dry and sit under a fan for 2 minutes.
- Now apply the almond oil around the skin right under your eyes.
- With gentle pressure massage the area in circulation motion for 2 minutes.
- Also incorporate almonds in your diet.
- Repeat this home remedy for sunken eyes two times in a day to get the best result.
8. Cold Compress For Sunken Eyes
Not sleeping well or mental stress can exhaust your brain whose side-effects appear on face in the form of dark circles, swollen eyes and many more.
Cold compress has soothing affect on our skin. It stimulate the blood circulation and provide relief from eye stress and help you treat sunken eyes.
When you apply cold compress remedy, it will give your brain some mild socks effective enough to wake them up. Patients of insomnia can really benefit from cold compress to get relief from stress caused due to lack of sleep.
- You will need one clean cotton cloth and a bowl of chilled water.
- Soak the cloth in water and wring out excessive water.
- Place it over your face – such that it covers your eyes and forehead.
- Keep it until the coolness is present in the cloth.
- Repeat it back to back several times to boost your skin health instantly.
- Cold compress also increase the healing speed of degenerated pigment cells.
9. Fish Oil For Sunken Eyes
Fish oil is one of the best source of skin rejuvenating nutrients that can slow down signs of agings. Omega fatty acids present in fish oil are very helpful that is essential for a healthy pH level through out the different layers of skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can be an effect remedy for sunken eyes.
- You will need pure fish oil capsules.
- Open one capsule and apply the oil directly in affected area.
- Alternatively, Break one of them and mix it with equal amount of olive oil.
- Gently apply them under-eye skin to promote fast healing.
- Use this method 2 times in a day to get rid of dark skin under your eye.
10. Drink Water To Prevent Dehydration
Dehydration is one of the leading causes of sunken eyes in both men and women. So drink plenty of water to make your skin healthy once again. Having high amount of clear fluids also keep your body clean from organic waste. As a result it protect our dermis in so many ways.
Here are some additional tips for sunken eyes that you might like:
- Perform eye exercise to reduce pigment accumulation.
- Dancing eyes are one the best exercise to reduce stress from the eyeballs. Move your eyeball from left-center-right and vice-versa.
- Splash cold water on your face and shut your eyelids and squeeze your eyes for 5 seconds. Repeat this 5 times then rotate your eyeball 10 times in circular motion.
- After washing your face from cold water, put your index fingers over closed eyelids and gently massage them in circular motion.
These are one of the best tips and home remedies than can help with sunken eyes. Make sure to drink plenty of water and sleep for at-least 8 hours in a day.