I am going to show you how to remove dark spots from elbows and knees naturally with tested home remedies that works wonders and already have people testifying with result.
Table of Contents
What Is Dark Spots?
Dark spots are discolored patches of skin that appear on the face, chest, arms, back, shoulder, elbows or knees and can be in shades of black, red, brown, or grey.
What Causes Dark Spots?
Dark spots is caused by over secretion of melanin on the skin. They appear on the skin due to pimples scars, excessive sun exposure, dead skin cells, hormonal changes, vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep or too much stress.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees
Below are 10 best ways to remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Oatmeal
1. Oatmeal contains saponins, a great exfoliating and cleansing agent that scrubs away dead skin cells effectively. Its anti-inflammatory nature helps in soothing irritation and treating acne, pimples scars, and dark spots.
Oatmeal is great at balancing the oil content in your skin, thus making it beneficial for both oily and dry skin types. It exfoliates the skin naturally.
Make a paste of oatmeal and warm water. Apply all over the affected area and let it stay for 10 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Do this twice a week to remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Potato
2. Potato contains potassium, zinc, phosphorus minerals, vitamin B6 and vitamin C that rejuvenate the collagen production of the skin. It also has starch and sugar which works together to remove dead skin cells and aid the growth of new ones.
To remove dark spots from elbows and knees, slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the affected area. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Tomato
3. Tomato contains lycopene, vitamins A, B, and C that boost collagen production, fight free radicals, and maintain the elasticity of the skin. It also contains minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium that moisturizes the skin from within and promote the overall good health of the skin.
To remove dark spots from elbows and knees, scrub a slice of tomato on the dark spots daily or apply some tomato juice directly on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Alternatively, you can mix the tomato juice with raw honey.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Milk
4. Milk contains lactic acid, biotin, calcium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin A and B6 that boost the collagen production in the skin. This properties removes dead skin cells and fight all kinds of pigmentation.
Milk is a natural lightening agent that combats free radical damage and slows down the skin aging process. While honey is a great moisturizer with healing properties. Thus, the combination of this two powerful ingredients remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
Mix 4 tablespoons of milk with 2 tablespoons of honey in a bowl. Massage the mixture into your dark spots in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes, then wash off with clean water to remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Cucumber
5. Cucumber contains cucurbitacins and cucumerin that delays the skin aging process. It has all the essential antioxidants like vitamins A, B5, C, E, and K that removes all kinds of skin discoloration like dark circles, pimples scars, freckles, and dark spots.
Cucumber is also a source of silica, which is important for the synthesis of the collagen that rejuvenates the skin. It also has high water content, which makes it a great moisturizer for the skin.
Drinking plenty of water is good for the skin and can help in removing dark spots quickly. Water helps to throw out toxins from the body and gives the skin moisture, there by fading away dark spots.
To remove dark spots from elbows and knees, get a fresh slice of cucumber and gently rub the piece on the affected area in a circular motion for 2 minutes, then leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off with clean water.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Aloe Vera
6. Aloe vera contains many of the amino acids found in our body. It has vitamins A, B, C, E and beta-carotene. It contains antioxidants that reduce swelling and redness, while its natural astringent removes excess oil and dead cells.
Aloe vera has anti-aging and skin nourishing properties. Besides providing quick depigmentation, removing dark spots, and treating sunburn, this plant also has analgesic and antiseptic properties.
To remove dark spots from elbows and knees, extract the thick gel from the aloe vera plant and apply it directly to the affected area. Leave the gel on the skin for 20 minutes, then wash off with water.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Onion
7. Onion contains cepalin, kaempferol and quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory properties known to heal and repair the skin. For this reason, onions is one of the best remedies to remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
Make a puree of some red onion and rub it directly on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash with water to remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Orange Peel
8. Orange peels contains vitamin C and calcium responsible for fighting free radicals and rejuvenating new skin cells. They draw out all the impurities and toxins from the skin to clean and freshen it up, and then bleach out all the pigmented areas to give you flawless glowing skin.
To remove dark spots from elbows and knees, mix 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder with 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey together to make a thick paste. Apply the paste all over the affected area and leave it to dry completely. Then, wash off with warm water.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Lemon
9. Lemon is a versatile fruit that contains citric acid and vitamin C. Known as a natural bleach, it aids new cell growth and gives your skin its elasticity back. It has skin lightening and brightening properties that can remove dark spots from elbows and knees.
You can either cut the lemon into two and rub a half over the pimples scar or squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl and apply on your skin using a cotton ball and let it soak the dark spots for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cool water.
How To Remove Dark Spots From Elbows And Knees With Coconut Water
10. Coconut water contains lauric acid and cytokines that can remove dark spots from elbows and knees. Cut a fresh green coconut and pour the water into a bowl. Dip a cotton ball into the water and gently wipe all over the dark spots. Rinse using lukewarm water.
These remedies can completely remove dark spots from elbows and knees but not overnight. The treatment is a gradual process that requires patience to see result. The effectiveness of each remedy however depends on your skin. So try one remedy after another to see which one works best for your body.