I am going to show you how to remove dark circles completely from your eyes with tested home remedies that works wonders and already have people testifying with results.
Table of Contents
What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes?
Dark circles can be caused by aging, stress, sleep deprivation, oversleeping, tiredness and exhaustion, nasal allergies, constant itching and rubbing due to skin conditions like eczema, skin irritants in makeup products, exposure to the sun and heredity.
How To Remove Dark Circles Completely
Below are 15 best home remedies to remove dark circles completely.
Is Vaseline Good For Dark Circles Under Eyes?
People usually ask if vaseline is good for dark circles under eyes, the answer is YES. Vaseline is good for dark circles under eyes because it smoothens and moisturises the skin around the under eye area, making it soft and beautiful.
Vaseline And Lemon Juice For Dark Circles
1. Vaseline is one of the best skin moisturizers. It has the capacity to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin. When applied to the under eye area, it nourishes the skin and takes away all the dryness that may be causing the dark circles.
Mix some vaseline and a few drops of lemon juice together. Apply this mixture with cotton ball on the under eye area and leave it on for an hour. Then clean using a soft facial tissue and rinse with cool water. Do this once every day to remove dark circles completely.
Coconut Oil For Dark Circles
2. Coconut oil contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and vitamins E and K. It has fatty acids that can add moisture to the skin. It also rejuvenates, repair and nourishes the skin to make it healthy.
To remove dark circles completely, gently massage some coconut oil on your dark circles and leave it on overnight, then wash it off the next morning. Do this every night before going to bed till the dark circles varnish.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Olive Oil
3. Olive oil is a powerful tonic with numerous health benefits for the body, skin and hair. It contains vitamins A and E that conditions the skin and fatty acids that provide the hydration and nourishment that the skin under the eyes needs to rejuvenates.
Massage some olive oil in circular motions around the eyes for 2 minutes with your fingers and leave it on overnight. Do this every night before going to bed to remove dark circles completely.
Castor Oil For Dark Circles
4. Castor oil possess antifungal and antibacterial properties, it is packed with beneficial nutrients such as proteins, minerals, and fatty acids like oleic, linoleic, stearic, and palmitic ricinoleic acids. It also contains Vitamin E which works as a powerful antioxidant that nourishes the skin
Castor oil is also rich in ricinoleic acid, an omega-9 essential fatty acid that softens and conditions the skin. It rejuvenates the dull skin under the eyes, thus reducing dark circles and wrinkles.
To remove dark circles completely, rub a little amount of castor oil on your dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. Do this every night before going to bed till the dark circles disappear.
Almond Oil For Dark Circles
5. Almond oil contains monounsaturated fats, vitamin E and minerals like calcium and magnesium. It also has emollient properties that nourishes the skin and make it soft and supple. Almond oil is of two types; bitter and sweet. Bitter almond oil is used in aromatherapy, and must not be used on skin or taken orally.
To remove dark circles completely, rub a little amount of almond oil on your dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. Do this every night before going to bed till the dark circles disappear.
Aloe Vera For Dark Circles
6. Aloe vera contains many of the amino acids found in our body. It has vitamins A, B, C, E and beta-carotene. It contains antioxidants that reduce swelling and redness, while its natural astringent removes excess oil and dead cells.
Aloe vera has analgesic and antiseptic properties that slows the skin aging process. It hydrates and soothes the skin. Its nourishing properties reduces the pigmentation under the eye and make the skin in that area soft and supple.
To remove dark circles completely, extract the gel from the aloe vera plant and apply it to the under eye area and massage for a minute. Leave it on for about 12 minutes. Then clean with cotton ball. Do this twice a day for maximum result.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Cucumber
7. Cucumber contains cucurbitacins and cucumerin that delays the skin aging process. It has all the essential antioxidants like vitamins A, B5, C, E, and K that removes all kinds of skin discoloration like dark circles, pimples scars, freckles, and dark spots.
Cucumber is also a source of silica, which is important for the synthesis of the collagen that rejuvenates the skin. It also has high water content, which makes it a great moisturizer for the skin.
To remove dark circles completely, get a fresh cucumber and cut into thick slices, then place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Take two slices and place them on the eyes, ensuring they completely cover the affected area. Leave them on for 10 minutes, and then wash your eyes with cold water. Do this twice a day for a week.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Tomato
8. Tomato contains lycopene, vitamins A, B, and C that boost collagen production, fight free radicals, and maintain the elasticity of the skin. It also contains minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium that moisturizes the skin from within and promote the overall good health of the skin.
To remove dark circles completely, mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and apply the mixture on the affected area using cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water. Do this twice a day till your dark circles disappear.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Potato
9. Potato contains potassium, zinc, phosphorus minerals, vitamin B6 and vitamin C that rejuvenate the collagen production of the skin. It also contain enzymes and starch which nourish the skin around the eyes to remove dark circles completely.
Grate 1 raw potato and extract the juice from it. Soak two cotton balls in the juice and place it directly on the dark circles, ensuring that the affected area is covered completely entirely. Leave them on for 10 minutes. Then, remove and wash your eyes with cold water. Do this twice a day till the dark circles disappear.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Milk
10. Milk contains lactic acid, biotin, calcium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin A and B6 that boost the collagen production in the skin. This properties removes dead skin cells and fight all kinds of pigmentation.
Milk is a natural lightening agent that combats free radical damage and slows down the skin aging process. The lactic acid in milk smoothens the skin and makes it firm. This mild acid also diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
Get some cold milk and dip cotton ball in it. Place the cotton ball on your eyes, making sure it covers the affected area completely. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash off with water. Do this everyday to remove dark circles completely.
Mix 4 tablespoons of milk with 2 tablespoons of honey in a bowl. Massage the mixture into your dark spots in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes, then wash off with clean water.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Honey
11. Honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that has been used for ages to heal wounds and boost immune system function. It has moisturizing effects and stimulates tissue regeneration. It naturally softens and nourishes the skin.
Honey has antibacterial properties that is helpful for treating various skin ailments, burns and wounds. It also prevent infections while moisturizing the skin and speeding healing.
To remove dark circles completely, apply a thin layer of organic honey to the under eye area. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse. Do this twice every day for best result.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Turmeric
12. Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce excess production of melanin, which adds pigmentation to your scar and makes it darker.
Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, treats discoloration and helps to remove dark circles completely from the skin. It is antiseptic, so it smoothens the skin without irritation.
Turmeric protects the skin by neutralizing free radicals and reducing wound healing time. It has skin brightening and lightening properties. These properties will enhance the appearance of the dark and dull skin under the eyes.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of almond oil together. Massage the under eye area with the mixture for a minute and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then, wash it off with water. Do this thrice a week to remove dark circles completely.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Lemon
13. Lemon is a versatile fruit that contains citric acid and vitamin C. Known as a natural bleach, it aids new cell growth and gives your skin its elasticity back. It has skin lightening and brightening properties that can remove dark circles completely.
Carefully apply some lemon juice with cotton ball to the under eyes area. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Do this twice daily to remove dark circles completely.
How To Remove Dark Circles With Baking Soda
14. Baking soda is a versatile ingredient with many uses. Apart from the fact it has skin lightening and brightening properties, it also exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin layers and balances your pH.
Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a cup of warm water. Soak two cotton pads in this mixture and place them on the eyes for 15 minutes. Do this once every day to remove dark circles completely.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Dark Circles
15. Apple cider vinegar contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, it is full of antioxidants like vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E. This properties soothe the inflammation of the skin. It contains alpha hydroxy acids and malic acid that draws toxins out of the skin, there by preventing wrinkles and maintaining the glow of the skin.
Always dilute apple cider vinegar before applying it to the skin. Undiluted vinegar can cause chemical burns or other injuries. Do not use this remedy if your skin is cracked or bleeding, as the vinegar will sting and irritate the skin.
Mix 1 cup of warm water and 1 tablespoon of the vinegar. Apply the mixture to the under eye area using cotton balls. Leave it to dry naturally and wash it off your face after 3 hours then moisturize. Do this once every day to remove dark circles completely.
Dark circles cannot disappear overnight, the treatment is a gradual process that requires patience to see results. The effectiveness of each remedy depends on your skin. So try one remedy after another to see which one works best for your body.