There are many Ayurvedic remedies which are not used nowadays. But this is not the case with triphala churna.
Triphala churna is beneficial in the treatment of many different problems, such as weight loss and diabetes. It has anti – inflammatory properties so it can reduce inflammation and treat arthritis.
This is not standalone kitchen herb or spice. It is three fruits in one in their powdered and dried form. Triphala churna is composed of Amla, bibhitaky and haritaki.
These fruits are dried properly and then they are mixed in the right proportions. You can make your own triphala churna at your home.
Pregnant women should not use it because it can downward energy flow and this could lead to miscarriage.
Also breastfeeding should not use it because this herb can be passed on the child via brest milk and it can be harmful.
You should not give your baby more than a pinch of it because it could lead to diarrhea and other stomach problems.
You should never take more than recommended amount of triphala churna because it could lead to dehydration and loose motions.
If you suffer from diabetes, then you should talk with your doctor before consuming it. It is rich in fiber which could lead to bloating problems. If you suffer from gastric problems, then you should take mild doses of this herb.
Health benefits of triphala churna
1. Treats dandruff: You can use the triphala churna powder as a hair mask because it can help you to rid of the stubborn dandruff. You should mix two tablespoons of triphala powder in four to five tablespoons of water.
You should massage this paste on your scalp. You should wash it off after twenty to thirty minutes.
2. Treats eczema: You can apply triphala churna water directly on the affected area because it will help to soothe and treat eczema.
3. Reduces dark circles: You can use the triphala churna water as eyewash to rid of the puffy eyes and the dark circles under your eyes.
You should add small amount of the powder in water and wash your eyes thoroughly with it. It will reduce the puffiness and refresh your eyes.
4. Cures bad breath: One of the best Ayurvedic medicines for treating bad breath is triphala powder. You should mix half a teaspoon of triphala churna with honey and lick it.
Also you can mix a teaspoon of it and salt in warm water and gargle this home remedy every morning to rid of the bad breath.
5. Helps in regulating hormonal imbalances: You should start taking triphala churna powder on regular basis because it will keep your hormones in check.
You should mix a teaspoon of it with one glass of warm water. You should consume it 2 hours after dinner and before sleeping.
This can help you to regulate the hormones and it will keep you free from stress. Also it has positive effect on the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland.
6. Good for babies: Triphala churna is safe and effective Ayurvedic home remedy for your children. You should give your children a small amount of it with honey, milk or even water to eliminate many viral and bacterial infections, such as fever, cough, cold and boosting your immunity as well.
You should add only a pinch of triphala powder for children below the age of one and one teaspoon for older children.
7. Cures dizziness and motion sickness: You should use triphala churna powder to rid of the motion sickness. You should mix two grams of it with teaspoon of honey and consume it every time you feel dizzy. You should take this home remedy every morning if you are constantly having dizziness.
8. Good for diabetics: Triphala churna can be used as a natural treatment for diabetes mellitus. It has hypoglycemic effects which is making the intake of insulin by the cells easier so in this way you will not have to take insulin shots.
9. Prevents cancer: Triphala churna has anti – cancer properties and it exhibits antineoplastic, chemoprotective and radioactive effects.