Sprouts also known as Ankurwali Daal in Hindi, are germinated seeds of legumes or grains. They are considered as a super food because they are rich in nutrients.
Sprouts will ensure blood purification and they will strengthen the immune system to protect against many diseases.
They have the highest nutritional value when they are seedlings. They are rich in -protein, chemoprotectants, bioflavonoids, antioxidants, phytochemicals, iron, potassium and Vitamin E.
Also, they are rich in other nutrients like magnesium, copper, riboflavin, niacin, zinc and folic acid. You should always try to buy quality and organic sprouts because low quality ones can increase the risk for virus attack, E. coli and salmonella in the body.
This can cause fever and diarrhea and in some cases people can have abdominal cramps.
Health benefits of sprouts
1. Pregnancy protein powerhouse: They are good for pregnant women. Pregnant women should be careful while they are consuming it due to the bacterial growth.
When they are not cleaned properly, then they carry a risk for E. coli and salmonella which cause fever, abdominal cramping, nausea and diarrhea in pregnant women. Pregnant women should consume cooked sprouts.
2. Prevent premature aging: Sprouts have abundance of highly active antioxidant which can prevent the DNA destruction and it has ability to protect us from the ongoing effects of aging.
3. Detoxifies the system: Sprouts have silica which is required for rebuilding and regenerating the skin’s connective tissues. Also it can help to remove the toxins from the body which normally seep into the bloodstream that is causing dull and lifeless skin.
4. Helps in weight control: You should eat sprouts because they will give you a feeling of fullness so your cravings for food will be reduced.
5. Acne buster: Sprouts are rich in Omega – 3 fatty acids which can decrease the inflammation and reduce the risk of acne and other skin problems. It can help to reduce skin problems like erythema, scaling and pruritus.
Also when you are consuming it, then it will give you a smooth and younger looking skin. Also it will reduce the inflammatory conditions, like psoriasis and acne.
6. Stimulates collagen production: Sprouts have Vitamin C which can promote better skin through the production of collagen. This will provide you elasticity which means your skin will look youthful.
7. Helps in cell regeneration: You should include sprouts in your daily diet because it can help in the healing and rejuvenation of the skin.
It can help wounds to heal faster and this can replace the damaged tissue. It can help to lighten the skin discoloration, like age spots and freckles, to get clear and flawless skin.
8. Prevents skin cancer: The constant exposure to sunlight and environmental pollution are causes for free radicals. Sprouts have antioxidants which can kill the free radicals and protect the skin from sun damage and skin cancer.
9. Glowing skin: You should eat sprouts because in this way you will have good looking skin. It has nutrients which can help to maintain the health of your skin and enhances its glow.
10. Prevents biotin deficiency: It is known fact that the biotin deficiency could lead to brittle damaged hair. You should consume ample amounts of sprouts to increase your biotin levels. It can help you to add inches to the current length of your hair.
11. Corrects hormonal imbalances: One of the biggest causes for hair loss in women is the hormonal imbalance. Sprouts can help you to achieve hormonal balance and they restore the vitality of your hair.
12. Prevents asthma: When you are consuming sprouts in high doses, then they can help to reduce the allergic reactions and occurrence of asthma. Also it can help to inhibit the growth of cold sores.
13. Helps in digestion: Sprouts can improve the digestion. Also they can prevent diarrhea and constipation. It is rich in fibre which will reduce your chances of getting colon cancer.
Also it can help to clean the bowel system. This will ensure that nutrients are absorbed by your body and it will give you more strength.