Mung beans are also known as green grams, they are also known by other names, such as Moong beans and golden gram. They are small and green beans.
Mung beans has been cultivated since ancient times. These beans are native to US, Europe and Asia and they are used for different purposes.
It has many health benefits. In the Indian cuisine it is part of many skin care regimens. They are taking part of the legume family. It can be used in the both sweet and savory dishes.
The mung bean is an annual vine which has yellow flowers and fuzzy brown pods. They are rich in nutrients and they can help in the treatment of many ailments.
Health benefits of mung beans
1. Liver protection: Mung beans have proteins which are very important for the muscle and bone health and also they can protect the liver from the damage.
These beans are one of the best sources of proteins for vegetarians. You can consume mung beans on daily basis to keep your liver safe.
Proteins will ensure a proper functioning of the bilirubin and biliverdin in your liver and they will keep your liver safe from jaundice.
2. Blood clotting: When we suffer from injury, then it leads to bleeding. Our blood clots quickly and this will ensure that no further blood is lost. The irregular and insufficient amount of Vitamin K can upset the process of clotting.
This could lead to life – threatening condition. Mung beans are rich in Vitamin K and this will help your body when it needs the help of this vitamin.
3. Prevents growth: Many mothers are worrying about the stunted growth in their children. These beans can promote and ensure proper growth in people.
It is rich in many vitamins and minerals which are very important to trigger the growth of hormones in the body. You can consume mung beans as a growth controller and promoter.
4. Bone strengthener: Mung beans are rich in calcium which can help to maintain the bone health and it can keep you safe from fractures.
5. Anti – viral agent: Mung beans have Vitamin C which is a very powerful anti – viral agent. This vitamin can increase the production of white blood cell count under a viral attack.
When the white blood cell count is increased, then it can destroy viruses and it will keep your body safe.
Mung beans have iron which is increasing the potency of the WBC and the Vitamin C increases their count. Mung beans are one of the best ways to keep your immunodeficiency disorders at bay.
6. Maintains eye health: Mung beans are rich in eye – friendly vitamins, such as Vitamin C. This vitamin is natural anti – oxidant and it can help the retina to maintain its flexibility. These are one of the best foods which can promote the eye health.
7. Sugar controller: Mung beans can increase the formation of friendly sugars and they can discourage the formation of bad sugar in the body.
The fruit sugar or friendly sugar is easily digestible and it does not circulate in the blood. This sugar is easily convertible to ATP.
One of the best ways to regulate sugar metabolism in the body and to prevent diabetes is the consumption of mung beans.
8. Increases immunity: Mung beans have iron which can help to increase the immunity power in the body. It eases the muscles and tissues which in turn will make the WBC in the blood more active.
This will give our bodies a natural strength in the fight against infections.
9. Anti – cancerous benefits: Mung beans can help to keep the free radicals under control. Free radicals can be caused by toxicity in the body, unhealthy snacking, stress and pollution.
They can cause problems in the normal cell growth. It is known that the abnormal cell growth could lead to cancer. Mung beans are natural suppressors of free radicals and they can keep the cancer at bay.
10. Regulates blood pressure: Mung beans are fat controllers and regulators. They are rich in magnesium which can help to regulate the blood pressure.
It can help to maintain the levels of magnesium in the body. This mineral eases the blood vessels and also it lowers hypertension. This can help to keep the levels of blood pressure in your body under control.